Tuesday, June 21, 2016

About The Blog

A boot camp planet is a place to prepare for eternity.

In a kinder place and time, this blog could have been called Life's Little Lessons.  Maybe.

Wouldn't you have liked to get your education the way Adam and Eve did at first? You spend your days exploring a hands-on paradise and in the evening, God comes along to chat with you and answer any questions.

But a war is raging in the Heavenlies and when Lucifer got kicked out and fell into our time, he dragged Earth into it. We don't have a Garden of Eden, we have a Bootcamp Planet.

I know it sounds like a science fiction story— To end the War of Heaven, God traps the Adversary Satan in Time. Sort of like a specimen in a formaldehyde bottle. Except the bottle wasn't empty; Earth was in it.

Some theologians have said that God was preparing humankind to replace Lucifer around The Throne. We were in His petri dish. God was growing a culture.

I can't give you any scripture that supports that. I can't give you any that contradicts it either.
I just don't know.

This part about it feels right though: we are in constant training with frequent testing for a future we can only "see through a glass darkly."  That dark glass stuff wasn't my idea. That's how the Apostle Paul put it when he wrote to the church in Corinth. [1 Corinthians 13:12]

This blog is mostly my perceptions about the battlefield training with an occasional entry about mission strategy.  I haven't worked out the details yet.  I will probably return and edit posts; I have fun tweaking my writing to make it better, and I won't deprive myself of that joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment